lunes, 9 de septiembre de 2013

Participation of indigenous population on mexican political & civil life.

Nowadays in Mexico is common to hear about financial growth, how civil life is getting more involved in economics, politics and all kind of social topics. We heard that there are a  lot of educational initiatives to deploy a better system for upcoming generations, Mexico every day is more wide open to world economy and interaction. So far, we can say that Mexico is walking through a good development, but, in what moment did we forget about our origins? Nowadays we’re taking care about the culture that raises us? Do we know if right now those “mother” culture for us still alive?

Of course Indigenous population in Mexico is not relevant for the power figures in the country. Even though Mexico is in the top 8 of countries with most indigenous population right now is not a topic relevant for countries development. Sincerely I don´t why we are not taking care about it. I mean, indigenous people area huge sector in Mexico, and if we see as an “business Opportunity” it’s a perfect chance to take advantage of this sector. According to “El Universal” 8% of Mexico’s population is indigenous, too, if there any power figure (politician) that could have in mind them, probably this figure will have their entire support (votes).
So, if is this obvious, why not going for them? The reason I think it’s easy: Money. Even indigenous people represent a good portion of the population; their economy is not that representative as enterprises. Politicians prefer focusing in other sectors and leaving aside the already mentioned sector. I think that incursion of indigenous population in civil life goes by the same way, at which point a capitalist society, focused on consumption, technological improvement and social classes will be interested on including indigenous people?
If we talk in a business language, I think that this topic about including indigenous population on civil and political life it’s a really good opportunity, not necessary because a economic-profit purpose, I think it’ a great chance of recognition, because if a politician, enterprise, NGO or anything start “helping” this sector, this figure could get recognized, similar to the “green sustainable enterprises”

As I already told it, I think including indigenous on our action development plans, in an economic way it will be not that representative, but the social responsibility that we could get is higher that any profit earned.

2 comentarios:

  1. I agree they aren't interesting as customers for lack of money; but they have as many votes as anyone else (1 person, 1 vote), so why aren't they interesting as voters?

    ResponderEliminar